Sunday 20 March 2016

Golden shower.

I'm back, it's February,  it's cold!

Fuzz is in the UK,  we meet at  Gatwick,  arrive at Sofia.  Hire car picked up & we are disappointed at the lack of snow along with all the gobby teenagers lugging skis through the airport. A 2 and a bit hour drive to Lom, we're in T market buying bloke essentials, beer, ham, beer, cheese, beer & bread!

A grey overcast day, we get to the house, light the fire & get the water back on. The next day it's beautiful sunshine, 17 degrees, a quick mooch round to see if anything has been nicked but everything is fine apart from a big pile ol rubble where my barn used to stand. The weight of the previous few weeks snow has finished it off.

So after realising we can't live on ham, cheese & bread for a week we go to town for a kebab. Then back into tea market to meet our dietary requirements I stock up on beer & for the rest of the week we dine like kings on chicken nuggets, chips & beans (plus beer, kebabs & cakes)!

We stop off for a lunchtime refreshment at the recently built hotel on the road to Stanevo from Kovachitsa, due to the woeful decor we have named it the horse head hotel or Triple H, I still have no idea of what it's actually called. So I'm half way through my 5 day visit & still have not done any work, so a a quick hole in the wall for the waist pipe, glue the shower try to the wall with some silicon & go for a beer.

I've now scrounged a tile cutter from the next village & set to work tiling, this is pretty much now just drunk DIY, I've decided to change how I was tiling, going for easier with less cuts rather than it looking nice. I've glued the whole tiles on with the magical Bullmaster adhesive & have now realised how pissed the walls are. The cuts are made, gobbed onto the wall & grouted!

The grout is going off before I can get it onto the tiles so I fix the shower cubicle to the wall, seal it with silicon & it's done.

This is a major milestone in the development of Festerville, I no longer have to wash my arse over a bucket, I have a working shower! Admittedly the waste pipe just dumps the water into the garden but that's a job for another day.

To celebrate being clean it's time for a quick one in the Black Pussy😉

No comments:

Post a Comment